We are committed to defending the environment and the values of sustainability and responsibility because we know that the future of the Earth depends on our behavior towards it.
For this reason, we have received the Ecostars certification for our firm commitment to ecology and we have adopted the following measures in Can Xargay:
- The electric power supplied to the house and also to heat the pool's water comes from 100% sources of renewable origin.
- The appliances are with energy use A.
- The lighting both inside and outside are made with light bulbs and / or low consumption.
- The bedrooms have an automatic intelligent heating or air conditioning switch-off system with the window open. When the window closes, the air conditioning system restarts.
- We encourage the selective selection of trash in the following fractions: glass, paper, plastic and organic matter.
- Outside, we have a recycling corner to store each waste separately.
- Shower taps have devices for water saving.
- Double discharge toilet cisterns.
- From September to June, the pool will be covered allowing sun rays to warm the water and lengthen the bathing season.
- We use an aerothermal machine (sustainable system) that raises the pool water temperature through the outside air.
- Analytical controls are carried out in accordance with legal regulations. Likewise, periodically a Girona laboratory performs bacteriological analyzes.
- All products used in the Inspira wellness center of Can Xargay are 100% natural and ecologically certified.
- In the bathrooms, organic and ecological shower gel.
- We offer is the possibility of buying natural km0 cosmetic products for a "conscious living" and with "zero waste" for taking care of yourself in a holistic, respectful and conscious way.
- Can Xargay is a thousand-year-old house from the s. XI restored respecting 100% the materials of the house and improving the insulation of the windows to achieve passive energy savings.
- The old furniture of the same house has been restored to give it a new life.
- We firmly believe in the local products, this is the reason we always try to buy our products from the local shops.
- We collaborate with the main festival of the town "Gales de Mata".
- We have subscribed an arbitration agreement with the Consumer Arbitration Board.
- The house is adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- We are integrated into tourism associations.
- Possibility of using the public transport to arrive in the villa.
- Bike rental available at the house to move around.
- We offer the possibility of charging the electric vehicle (it must be requested in advance).
- We encourage a different way of traveling and of enjoying with respect and care for the environment through different routes to discover the environment on foot or by bike.
- We recommend restaurants in our area to discover the local and typical cuisine of the area.
- We promote the proximity and km0 shopping in the different shops in the village.
Ecostars sustainability certificate number EUES-000.673
The recycling corner.
Low-consumption LED bulbs.
Semi-fast charging point for electric vehicles and cars